Recruitment of various post in National Aluminium Company Limited
inyatrust.in | Sunday, September 11, 2022
National Aluminium Company Limited
National Aluminium Company Limited (NALCO), a Navratna Central PSU and one of the largest integrated Alumina- Aluminium Complexes of Asia, having State of the Art technology with its present turnover of more than Rs 14,000 crs is going for further growth and expansion within India & across the globe. The Company being a prominent foreign exchange earner for the Country also enjoys Premier Trading House status in the field of export and has won many prestigious awards for its excellent performance with significant value addition to its shareholders. The plants and offices are multi-locational with its Corporate Office at Bhubaneswar, Odisha. The Company believes in achieving organizational excellence through competent human resources and practices having “people centric” approach to achieve its vision to be a premier and integrated company in the Aluminium value chain with strategic presence in Mining both domestic & global, Metals and Energy sectors. To achieve its vision to be a reputed global Company in the metals and energy sector, NALCO is looking for committed, promising and competent young Graduate Engineers with brilliant academic career to join the organization as Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Metallurgy, Chemical, Chemistry, Civil and Mining as per details given below.
Out of the notified vacancies, 8 vacancies are reserved for PwBDs as per Govt. of India directives.
Abbreviations used : UR – Un-Reserved, OBC (NCL) – Other Backward Class(Non-Creamy Layer), SC - Scheduled Caste, ST – Scheduled Tribe, EWS – Economically Weaker Section, PwBD- Persons with Benchmark Disabilities, D –Deaf, HH-Hard of Hearing, , OA-One Arm ,OL-One Leg, BA – Both Arms ,BL – Both Legs, LC – Leprosy cured, Dw-Dwarfism, AAV-Acid Attack Victim, SLD-Specific Learning Disability, MI –Mental Illness, ASD - Autism Spectrum Disorder, ASD(M) – Autism Spectrum Disorder(Mild),CP – Cerebral Palsy, LV- Low Vision, ID –Intellectual Disability]
Full time regular Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or Technology with not less than 65% marks in aggregate for UR/EWS/OBC(NCL) and 55% of marks for SC/ST/PwBD category taking average of all the semesters/years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/year by the Institute/University. (The total maximum marks and total marks obtained for all years/semesters will be summed up to arrive at aggregate percentage. No rounding off will be done and no weightage will be given to any particular semester or year).
For Chemistry discipline, the requisite qualification is M.Sc. (Chemistry) or AIC with not less than 65% marks in aggregate for UR/EWS/OBC(NCL) and 55% of marks for SC/ST/PwBD category taking average of all the semesters/years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/year by the institute / University. (The total maximum marks and total marks obtained for all years/semesters will be summed up to arrive at aggregate percentage. No rounding off will be done and no weightage will be given to any particular semester or year).
Candidates in the final year of their Engineering/Post Graduation (for Chemistry discipline) may also apply. However, their cases will be considered only if, he/she passes the said examination with requisite percentage of marks before or at the time of his/her personal interview.
All qualifications must be from recognised Govt. Universities/ Institutions, UGC recognised Universities and Institutes/UGC recognised Indian deemed Universities or AICTE approved courses from autonomous institutes/concerned statutory council(wherever applicable).
Wherever CGPA/OGPA or letter grade in Degree is awarded, equivalent percentage of marks should be indicated in the online application form as per norms adopted by the University/Institute. The candidate is required to submit a certificate to this effect from the University/Institute during the time of personal interview. However, in case the institute does not follow any conversion formula for converting CGPA to Percentage, NALCO shall be at liberty to arrive at equivalent percentage of marks following its own conversion formula.
A candidate with full time prescribed degree for the disciplines as given below can only apply for the post of Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) in the respective discipline:
Upper Age limit is 30 years as on 11.09.2022 i.e. candidates born before 11.09.1992 need not apply.
FOR PERSONAL INTERVIEW
NALCO will be utilizing Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering- 2022 marks (GATE-2022 marks) for recruitment of Graduate Engineer Trainees (GETs) in the above disciplines. In order to apply in any of the above disciplines, the candidate should have qualified GATE 2022 examination. Only GATE-2022 mark is valid for this recruitment process. Based on the GATE-2022 marks and organizational requirement, candidates will be short listed for the personal interview.
For shortlisting of the candidates, the following criteria is adopted:
a) Based on the declaration of the candidate with regard to percentage secured in Engineering discipline/M.Sc.(Chemistry) or AIC in the online application, the initial eligibility of the candidate is ascertained as per the eligibility criteria laid down in requisite qualification section.
b) Secondly, the valid GATE marks secured in the GATE 2022.
c) The candidate should meet both the eligibility criteria mentioned in (a) & (b) to be prima facie considered for shortlisting for personal interview.
Note: The candidates are being called based on the data furnished in the online application form. At the time of the interview, all the original documents are verified to confirm the eligibility. At this stage, if it is found that the candidate has furnished false information in online application or failed to produce the documents in support of his/her eligibility, their candidature shall not be considered for personal interview and no travelling allowance will be paid in this regard.
The eligible candidates will be called for the interview based on the qualifying marks secured in GATE 2022 discipline wise, category wise in the ratio of 1:10. In case, two or more candidates have secured same marks in same discipline and category which eventually would result in the increase of 1:10 ratio, then all such candidates will be called for interview irrespective of the above mentioned ratio.
The candidates will be eligible to apply for the position of GETs in the above discipline in NALCO provided they have appeared in GATE-2022 in one of the following relevant GATE paper as detailed below:
Candidates having engineering degree/Post Graduate degree in a branch/discipline other than as specified above are not eligible to apply. Based on the valid marks of GATE 2022 and organizational requirement, candidates will be shortlisted on merit for the personal interview for the positions of Graduate Engineer Trainees(GETs) in the above disciplines. The score is valid only if the candidate obtains more than or equal to the qualifying marks as fixed for the above papers by GATE-2022. The qualifying marks for GATE examination shall be as per the criteria adopted by the conducting authority of GATE-2022 examination.
The final selection of the candidates will be based on the on the marks secured in GATE 2022 and their performance in the Personal Interview. The weightages assigned to GATE marks and Personal Interview are 90% and 10% respectively.
Selected candidates will be placed in the pay scale of Rs. 40000 - 3% - 140000/- during one year of training with starting basic pay of Rs 40,000/- irrespective of their previous experience or last drawn basic pay in previous organization. There won’t be any protection of pay. Upon successful completion of training i.e. subject to fulfilling the required performance related/other criterion of the Company in force & amended from time to time, they will be absorbed as Assistant Manager at E1 grade in the pay scale of Rs. 60000- 3%-180000/- with one additional increment.
Besides basic pay, the employee is entitled to Dearness Allowance, perquisites under cafeteria approach, HRA, medical facility for self & dependents, performance related pay and superannuation benefits i.e. Contributory Provident Fund, Gratuity, etc. as per rules of the Company in force from time to time during training/after absorption.
As per the training policy of the Company, the selected candidates shall undergo one year on-the-job training at different locations of the Company. During the training period and/or after absorption, the candidates may be posted at any of the unit/office, etc. of NALCO in India or abroad or any of the subsidiaries/joint ventures/business associates of NALCO and the services thereafter will be transferable as per the requirement of the Company. The selected candidates may be assigned jobs/ functions/assignments as per the business requirements of the Company including shift operation.
RESERVATIONS AND RELAXATIONS
Reservations/relaxations for SC/ST/Ex Servicemen/OBC(NCL)/EWS/PwBD (degree of disability 40% or above) candidates as per Government guidelines are applicable. In case any increase in the number of total posts, the number of reserved category posts will vary in accordance to the Govt, guidelines.
PwBD candidates would be required to furnish valid disability certificate duly stamped and signed by a medical panel empowered for the purpose and should comprise of 3 medical practitioners of Govt, hospital or medical board attached to Special Employment Exchange for the handicapped.
Appointment to the PwBD candidates will be made after considering the nature of duties and responsibilities of the assignment, location, etc. and also considering that the disability is not likely to interfere with the performance and without possible deterioration of his/her health. However, the final appointment and placement would be based on candidate's medical fitness with respect to the job of the identified posts. Category SC/ST/OBC/EWS/ PwBD once filled in the online application form will not be changed. The reserved category candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in the prescribed format of Government of India, issued by the Competent Authority, at the time of personal interview, if called for.
If the SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/EWS/PwBD certificate has been issued in a language other than English/Hindi, the candidates will be required to submit a self-attested translated copy of the same either in English or Hindi.
The OBC candidates who belong to "Creamy Layer" are not entitled for concession admissible to OBC category and such candidates have to indicate their category as UR. The OBC(NCL) candidates are required to submit requisite certificate in prescribed format of Government of India, from a Competent Authority issued in the current year. The name of the caste and community indicated in the OBC(NCL) certificate must appear in the Central list of Other Backward Classes. Further, OBC candidates will have to give a self- undertaking indicating that they belong to OBC (NCL) category also at the time of personal interview, if called for.
The upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for SC/ST, 3 years for OBC (NCL), 10 years for PwBD - UR, 13 years for PwBD-OBC(NCL) and 15 years for PwBD -SC/ST candidates.
Relaxation of five years in age will be extended to the candidates who had ordinarily been domiciled in the Union Territory of Jammu & Kashmir and Union Territory of Ladakh from 01.01.1980 to 31.12.1989. Ex- Servicemen and children/family members of those who died in the riots of 1984 will get relaxation as per directives of Govt, of India.
The departmental candidates will also be required to have qualifying marks in the corresponding papers of GATE-2022. There is no upper age limit and minimum percentage of marks in requisite qualification for the said candidates. However, trainees/contractual employees working in NALCO shall not be considered as departmental candidate. The departmental candidates may refer to the internal circular for other details.
SERVICE AGREEMENT BOND
The selected candidates at the time of joining will be required to sign a contract of apprenticeship in accordance with the Apprenticeship Act and will also be required to execute a service agreement bond of Rs.3,00,000/- or Rs.4,00,000/-(for training imparted abroad) on non-judicial stamp paper of Rs. 1500/- to serve the Company for a minimum period of 4 (four) years after successful completion of one year training.
The candidates seeking employment in NALCO need to be medically fit as per NALCO's norms and standards for medical fitness. The selected candidates will have to undergo medical examination by Company's identified hospitals/diagnostic centres in Bhubaneswar. On receipt of the medical report, the Authorized Medical Officer will declare the candidate fit or unfit or temporarily unfit on the basis of medical standards laid down under the NALCO Medical Examination Rules.
The General, OBC & EWS Candidates are required to pay Rs.500/- (Five hundred) towards Application Fee and all other candidates including departmental candidates are required to pay Rs. 100/- (Hundred) as processing fee only.
Candidates can opt to pay through internet banking account/credit/debit card.
Application fee/Processing Fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. Candidates are therefore requested to verify their eligibility before paying the application/processing fee and to fill in the payment details carefully.
• Once the payment is made, the State Bank Collect Reference Number and the date of payment is required to be entered in the NALCO online application form on Career page of the website.
• No request for editing of payment details and issue of Call letter will be entertained in wrong submission cases and candidature will stand rejected.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Go to Career Page of NALCO at www.nalcoindia.com.
2. Read the Advertisement carefully to be sure about the eligibility.
3. The candidates have click “Apply Now” and thereafter have to register themselves with correct credentials.
4. The candidates shall fill up the online application form with required details and proceed step by step.
HOW TO MAKE PAYMENT
• At Step 4 of online application, click on Pay Application fee through SBI Collect which will redirect you to State Bank Collect page of SBI, which has been authorized to collect the application fees/processing fees on behalf of NALCO.
• Select "Odisha" under the State of the Corporate/Institution and "PSU- Public Sector Undertaking” under type of Corporate/Institution. Select “NATIONAL ALUMINIUM COMPANY LTD” under PSU- Public Sector Undertaking.
• Select Payment Category and choose "GET Rectt-2022 (For UR/OBC/EWS)" or “GET Rectt-
2022(For SC/ST/ PwBD /DEPTT.)" as applicable to you.
• Fill the GATE Regd. No., Name, Discipline, Category, Date of Birth, Registered Email Id and Mobile No. as required on the Payment portal and submit. Ensure that the same Email Id and Mobile No. details are used during the whole registration process.
• Next Screen- Confirmation page is displayed with all details the candidate has entered. Ensure correctness before proceeding for payment. Now click on "Confirm" to proceed to the payment gateway to pay. NALCO or SBI will not be responsible, in case a candidate deposits the fee with incorrect details viz; a different GATE Registration No., etc.
• Payment may be made using any one of the options available viz; Net Banking/Debit Card/Credit Card.
Please note that NALCO will bear the bank charges, if any.
• On successful payment, one e-receipt will be generated in PDF format. The candidate will be prompted to print the e-receipt with SB Collect Reference Number. Note down the Reference Number as the same would be required during Step-4 of online application process. E-receipt can be generated/printed subsequently from the option "Payment History" available in State Bank Collect.
• In case a candidate does not finally submit application form with valid payment details, application will be treated as incomplete and rejected. NALCO will not be responsible for the same.
While applying online, candidate needs to upload the scanned copy of their recent passport size colour photograph, signature which are identical to that they have submitted along with GATE-2022 application, GATE-2022 admit card, GATE -2022 score card and SBI collect copy .Candidates should ensure that the relevant details i.e. name, date of birth, etc. entered in NALCO online application should be same as entered in the GATE-2022 application
The candidates will be provided opportunity to edit their application form before final submission. Candidates should check the application form once again whether the information is accurate and edit the details, if required and then click on Final Submission. After submission of online application, the candidate should take a print out of the said application for future reference.
The candidates need to ensure that the GATE-2022 registration number, which is mentioned in the GATE-
2022 admit card, is filled up correctly. Name should also be filled up as appearing in GATE-2022 admit card. No request with respect to the change in any data entered by the candidate will be entertained once the online application is submitted successfully. On successful submission, a unique application number will be generated and sent to the registered email Id as well as mobile number and the same has to be referred for future correspondences.
A candidate can apply for one post/discipline only. Candidates applying for more than one post/ discipline will not be considered at all.
In case the candidate is called for personal interview, he/she will be required to produce his/her original GATE-2022 admit card and GATE-2022 official score card for verification and other relevant documents which will be communicated through personal interview call letter.
1. All Indian Nationals are eligible to apply.
2. Since all the applications will be screened based on the data furnished in the online application and without any documentary evidence/proof, the candidate should ensure that he/she fulfills the eligibility criteria and other conditions as mentioned in this advertisement as well as in the career section of NALCO website www.nalcoindia.com .
3. The candidates should ensure that they fill up all the eligibility criteria and other conditions mentioned in this advertisement and that the particulars furnished by them in the online applications are correct in all respects. Mere submission of online application successfully does not imply that the Company (NALCO) has been satisfied about the candidate's eligibility.
4. In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment/ selection/even after appointment that the candidate does not fulfill the eligibility norms and/or that he/she has furnished any incorrect/false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his/her candidature
/appointment will automatically stand cancelled, as the candidature/appointment would be deemed to be void ab initio.
5. Candidates working in PSU/Govt. organizations are required to produce NOC at the time of interview or submit ‘Relieving order’ at the time of joining, if selected.
6. The e-mail id entered in the online application form must remain valid for minimum one year. All future communication with the candidates will take place through e-mail only. NALCO will not be responsible for any loss/non-delivery of e-mail/any other communication sent, due to invalid/wrong id or due to any other reason.
7. No manual /paper application will be entertained.
8. NALCO reserves the right to raise the minimum eligibility standards. The management reserves the right to fill or not to fill or partly fill any of the above positions without assigning any reason whatsoever. NALCO also reserves the right to cancel/restrict/modify/alter the recruitment process, if need arises, without issuing any further notice or assigning any reason whatsoever.
9. Canvassing by a candidate in any form shall disqualify his/her candidature.
10. Candidates are advised to visit the career section of NALCO website www.nalcoindia.com regularly for latest updates as no separate communication will be sent.
11. Any dispute with regard to recruitment will be settled within the jurisdiction of Bhubaneswar only
General Manager (H&A)-R&P
Post a Comment