Recruitment of various post in INDIAN ARMY (PERMANENT COMMISSION)
1. Applications are invited from unmarried male Candidates who have passed 10+2 examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (hereinafter referred to as PCM) subjects and appeared in JEE (Mains) 2022 examination and fulfill the eligibility conditions prescribed in the subsequent paragraphs, for the grant of Permanent Commission in the Army.
(a) Nationality. A candidate must be an unmarried male and must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Nepal, or (iii) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii) and (iii) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Govt of India. Certificate of eligibility will however not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal. A candidate in whose case a certificate of eligibility is necessary may be shortlisted provisionally subject to the necessary certificate being given to him by the Govt before declaration of result by SSB/joining training.
Note 1. Candidates must undertake not to marry until they complete their full training. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his application, though successful, will not be selected for training. A candidate who marries during training shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him by the government.
(b) Age Limit. A candidate must not be below 16½ years and above 19½ years on the first day of the month in which the course is due to commence i.e. the candidate should not be born before 02 Jul 2003 and not after 01 Jul 2006 (both days inclusive).
Note 1. Candidates should note that only the date of birth as recorded in the Matriculation/Secondary School Examination or an equivalent certificate will be accepted. No other document relating to age will be accepted.
Note 2. Candidates should also note that once a date of birth has been claimed by them and entered in the records, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
(c) Educational Qualification.
(i) Only those candidates who have passed 10+2 Examination or its equivalent with a minimum aggregate of 60% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from recognized education boards are eligible to apply for this entry. Eligibility condition for calculating PCM percentage of various state /central boards will be based on marks obtained in Class XII only.
(ii) Candidate must have appeared in JEE (Mains) 2022.
(d) Medical Examination & Physical Standards. Please visit www.joinindianarmy.nic.in for Medical Standards and Procedure of Medical Examination for Officers Entry into Army as applicable.
Note : The proceedings of the Medical Board are confidential and will not be divulged to anyone. Directorate General of Recruiting has no role to play in any Medical Boards. Procedure advised by the competent medical authorities will be strictly adhered to.
(e) Candidate applying for the entry should not have been debarred from appearing in any examination by UPSC. Candidate should not have been arrested/convicted by a criminal court or involved in any court case. In case any such issue comes to notice during the selection process or pre-commission training, candidate/cadet will be subjected to cancellation of candidature/withdrawal from the Academy by IHQ of MoD(Army).
3. Vacancies. 90. The Vacancies are provisional and can be changed depending on the training capacity at the Training Academy for this course. The vacancies are subject to increase/decrease keeping the organizational requirement at the point of time.
4. Type of Commission. On successful completion of 4 years of the course, cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
5. Seniority. They will be granted seniority on overall order of merit of the three technical institutes combined i.e. CME,MCTE,MCEME and in case the date of commissioning coincides with that of IMA, Dehradun, they will be placed en-bloc junior to IMA (NDA/ ACC / DE Course ) but above TGC / UES course.
6. Training. Total training will be of 5 years. Details are as under: (a) Basic Military Training. 1 year (Officer Training Academy Gaya).
(b) Technical Training. (i) Phase-I (Pre Commission Training): 3 Years (CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad), (ii) Phase-II (Post Commission Training): 1 year at CME Pune or MCTE Mhow or MCEME Secunderabad.
(c) Award of Degree. The candidates will be awarded Engineering degree after successful completion of the final examination. No ante date seniority will be admissible to candidates on account of this Engineering degree. During the last two semesters, the officers will be permitted only one relegation on academic grounds. This relegation will be within the maximum two relegations permitted on academic grounds in the entire Engineering degree (8 semesters) in accordance with JNU Ordinance. Any further relegation of the officer on academic grounds will lead to termination of his commission.
Note. Candidates must understand that in case of final selection, their appointment will be provisional subject to satisfactory verification of antecedents by concerned civil/police/education authorities, as applicable.
7. Cost of Training. ₹13,940/- (as on 2021) and as notified from time to time per week (for the period of candidate’s stay at the Officers Training Academy, Gaya/Cadet Training Wing.) The cost of training is borne by State; will be recovered from candidates withdrawing for personal reasons.
8. Promotion Criteria and Salary Structure.
(a) Promotion Criteria.