Recruitment of various post in UNION PIBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
UNION PIBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION
EXAMINATION NOTICE CPF DATED CENTRAL ARMED POLICE FORCES
(ASSISTANT COMMANDANTS) EXAMINATION
1. CANDIDATES TO ENSURE THEIR ELIGIBILlTY FOR THE EXAMINATION: Candidates applying for the examination should ensure that they fulfill all eligibility conditions for admission to the Examination. Their admission at all the stages of the examination will be purely provisional subject to satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. Mere issue of e-Admission Certificate to the candidate will not imply that his/her candidature has been finally cleared by the Commission.
Verification of eligibility conditions with reference to original documents is taken up only after the candidate has qualified for Interview/Personality Test.
2. HOW TO APPLY: Candidates are required to apply online only by using the website https://www.upsconline.nic.in. Brief instructions for filling up the online Application Form have been given in Appendix-II. Detailed instructions are available on the above mentioned website.
2.1 Candidate should have details of one Photo ID Card viz. Aadhaar Card/Voter Card/PAN Card/ Passport/Driving License/Any other Photo ID Card issued by the State/Central Government. The details of this Photo ID Card will have to be provided by the candidate while filling up the online application form. The candidates will have to upload a scanned copy of the Photo ID whose details have been provided in the online application by him/her. This Photo ID Card will be used for all future referencing and the candidate is advised to carry this Photo ID Card while appearing for Examination/Personality Test.
2.2 The Commission has introduced the facility of withdrawal of Application for those candidates who do not want to appear for the Examination. In this regard, Instructions are mentioned in Appendix-II (B) of this Examination Notice.
3. LAST DATE FOR SUBMISSION AND WITHDRAWAL OF APPLICATIONS: The Online Applications can be filled upto 10th May, 2022 till 18.00 Hours.
(II) The online Applications can be withdrawn from 17.05.2022 to 23.05.2022 till 6.00 PM. Detailed instructions regarding withdrawal of Applications is available at Appendix-II (B).
4. The eligible candidates shall be issued an e-Admission Certificate three weeks before the commencement of the examination. The e-Admission Certificate will be made available in the UPSC website [https//www.upsconline.nic.in] for downloading by candidates. No Admission Certificate will be sent by post. All the applicants are required to provide valid and active E-Mail I.D. while filling up Online Application Form as the Commission may use electronic mode for contacting them.
5. PENALTY FOR WRONG ANSWERS (In Objective Type Question Paper): Candidates should note that there will be penalty (Negative Marking) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question Paper.
6. INSTRUCTIONS FOR FILLING UP OMR SHEETS:
a) For both writing and marking answers in the OMR Sheets (Answer Sheet) candidates must use black ball point pen only. Pens with any other colours are prohibited. Do not use Pencil or Ink pen. Candidates are further advised to read Special Instructions contained in Appendix-III of the Notice.
b) Candidates should note that any omission/mistake/discrepancy in encoding/filling in details in the OMR answer sheet; especially with regard to Roll Number and Test Booklet Series Code, will render the answer sheet liable for rejection.
7. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS: Candidates are advised to read carefully “Special Instructions to the Candidates for Conventional Type Tests” (Appendix-IV).
8. FACILITATION COUNTER FOR GUIDANCE OF CANDIDATES: In case of any guidance/information/clarification regarding their applications, candidature etc. candidates can contact UPSC’s Facilitation Counter near ‘C’ Gate of its campus in person or over Telephone No. 011- 23385271/011-23381125/011-23098543 on working days between 10.00 hrs. and 17.00 hrs.
9. Mobile Phones/other articles Banned:
(a) The use of any mobile phone (even in switched off mode), pager or any electronic equipment or programmable device or storage media like pen drive, smart watches etc. or camera or blue tooth devices or any other equipment or related accessories either in working or switched off mode capable of being used as a communication device during the examination is strictly prohibited. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examinations.
(b) Candidates are advised in their own interest not to bring any of the banned item including mobile phones or any valuable/costly items to the venue of the examination, as arrangement for safe-keeping cannot be assured. Commission will not be responsible for any loss in this regard.
No.11/2/2021-E.1(B) : The Union Public Service Commission will hold a Written Examination on 07th August, 2022 for recruitment of Assistant Commandants (Group A) in the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) viz. Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), Central Industrial Security Force(CISF), Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP) and Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB). The Examination will be held in accordance with the Rules for the published by Ministry of Home Affairs in the Gazette of India dated 20th April, 2022. The date of holding the examination as mentioned above is liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission.
The tentative Examination number of vacancies to be filled on the results of the examination is as follows:
(i) BSF 66
(ii) CRPF 29
(iii) CISF 62
(iv) ITBP 14
(iv) SSB 82 --------------------------------------- Total 253 ---------------------------------------
The number of vacancies mentioned above is liable to alteration. Reservation will be given effect to as per policy of the Govt. 10% of the vacancies are earmarked for exservicemen.
NOTE: In case the vacancy(ies) reserved for Ex-servicemen remain unfilled due to nonavailability of eligible or qualified candidates, the same shall be filled by candidates from nonex- servicemen category.
2. CENTRES OF EXAMINATION :
The Examination will be held at the following Centres :The centres and the date of holding the examination as mentioned above are liable to be changed at the discretion of the Commission. Applicants should note that there will be a ceiling on the number of candidates allotted to each of the Centres, except Chennai, Dispur, Kolkata and Nagpur.
Allotment of Centres will be on the “first-apply-first allot” basis, and once the capacity of a particular Centre is attained, the same will be frozen. Applicants, who cannot get a Centre of their Choice due to ceiling, will be required to choose a Centre from the remaining ones. Applicants are, thus, advised that they may apply early so that they may apply early so that they could get a Centre of their choice.